Monday, October 24, 2011

Hurricane Irene Fundraiser – Open Class – Sept 23

Friday night was a blessing. I was so surprised that soooo many people were on line waiting. More than we ever thought would come! So, GEO did TWO classes! We put the little kids in zone 2 and put the big kids in zone 1 where I taught and Christina taught the little kids like my sister Jade. The boyz from my crew also helped out. We did the song “Without you” by Usher. I told the class when you are dancing to this song you should think of someone you want to help, and that's what “get movin” means.

We ended up raising about $7K and collected hundreds of pairs of sneakers to donate! A few weeks later Mayor Puchi of Monroe gave me and ICON a plaque in appreciation for the effort!

Thank you every one for coming and for everyone’s generous donations.


No comments:

Post a Comment